This was the beginning of The North Side Bank, the oldest and largest in Cumminsville. Messrs. George L. Thomson and Walter S. Titus, President and Cashier respectively, were the founders, opening for business in the Masonic Temple Building at Hamilton Avenue and Palm Street.
Business was good from the beginning, and in November 1891
the North Side Bank was incorporated under the laws of Ohio
with a capital of $25,000. More than 100 years later, the
capital has increased manifold to support assets approaching
half of a billion dollars.
Meanwhile Cumminsville grew, business grew, and The North Side Bank grew. The service it gave became a necessity to the progressive merchants and tradesmen. Deposits and assets increased from year to year; and in 1902 business warranted doubling the capital stock. 1903 also marked big progress in the erection of a three-story
building on the west side of Hamilton Avenue, opposite the first place of business. This building is still the home of Cumminsville's first bank, although it has been expanded several times and modified to two stories.
Successful years of business followed the occupation at the new home, and the Savings Department was established in 1912. The Trust Department was established in 1928.
Because our customer base was expanding, we opened our Finneytown Office in 1962 and in 1968 we opened
our Colerain Office. At that time Colerain Avenue was only two lanes and the only business north of us was a gasoline station at Colerain and
Springdale. We have added a few more branches in recent
years and will look for even more opportunities to serve our
The North Side Bank and Trust Company has seen 6 presidents since George Thomson.
Clifford H. Coors, who took over for his uncle in 1962, has retired from the Presidency. He currently serves as Chairman of the Board. Mr. John A. Coors has succeeded to the Presidency.